Former Kingdom of Gadia
Kell County was Kingdom of Gadia before its conquest and assimilation by the kingdom of Eridon in 1380. Eridon's size made the war short-lived affair. So quick and one-sided was the war that the people of Gadia had no choice but to accept new rulers. The Eridonian forces landed on the south-east coast of Gade Isle and were met with resistance right away. They arrived at the forest outside of Pinespur and were met with resistance. Then there was the battle for Pinespur itself. After these three battles, each a decisive victory for Eridon, the Kingdom of Gadia was as good as taken.
Pinespur, the former capital of the kingdom, became the County Seat of the new Kell County. The existing nobility were reduced in rank as new people were placed in positions of power across the island. The language of Gadian was suppressed and Eridonian was taught instead. Very few today know Old Gadian.
In the hundred and thirty years since the war there have been no rebellions and no uprisings. Eridon has had no desire to change the way of life in Gadia, only to redirect the taxes to their own coffers. People change the flags moved on with life, while the island fell into decline.
From 12th July 1509 to 28th October 1509, a Red Dragon, Brimstone, the Fire Incarnate, roosted on top of the Icecap Mountain and took control of the County, before it was trapped in the Orb of Imprisonment by the crew of the Riftdancer in Misscliks: Seaborn.
Following the 1510 Demon Invasion of Eridon, Gade Isle has become isolated from the rest of Eridon except for the town of Weatherlight to the south. The east coast of Gade Isle starts being raided by the Pirate Fleet known as Maribel's Marauders.
There is a school of mermaids that live near Gade Isle that had some of their population displaced for a few months near Embershore Isle because of Barthas the Wizard's teleportation spells. Their matriarch is Kaia.
- Resources: Furs, Hemp, Linen, Dyes, Sugar, Lead
- Pinespur Population: 1500
- Rural Population: 31,000
- On the east coast is the fishing village of Saramar, the home of the Vanderhorn, pop 750.
- In the Blumwood is the home of Neega's Orc Tribe (pop ~50)
- On the south-west of the Blumwood on the coast is Winter's Reach, ruled by Lord Winter (pop 250)
- On Therdin's Rock, off the west coast, is the refugees from Embershore Isle in New Valuton in 1509-08-12. (pop 50)
- By the start of 1510, this was the home of Maribel's Marauders and their at least 5 pirate ships.
- On the edge of Gator Beach is the village of Jacksonville. (pop 400)